Table of Contents
WiFi is most commonly used for sharing Internet in all over the world. As it is one of the fastest ways to surf the Internet. WiFi is also used for transferring files as well. Most of the time, when we connect with WiFi Networks around us, our Computer or laptop saves the password automatically and get’s connected without asking for password on the same network, if the password of that network is not changed. That password is actually saved in our PC which connects you whenever you’re around that network.
Sometimes, you need to show WiFi Password on your pc or laptop and you don’t know how. So, In this tutorial, we are going to explain the method of showing wifi password on mac and showing wifi password on windows. By following this tutorial, you will be able to find wifi password on Windows and you’ll also be able to find wifi password on mac as well.
How to View Saved WiFi Passwords on Windows 7, 8, & 10
Windows is one of the most popular operating systems in all over the world. Sometimes, we forget about the passwords of the connected WiFi Networks on our Windows PC. Luckily if you have the WiFi Network already connected with your Windows PC and you want to know the WiFi password of that Windows Laptop of Computer, you will need to follow some easy steps and you can easily find the saved WiFi password.
View WiFi Passwords on Windows 7 and Windows 8
If you’re interested in viewing saved WiFi password on your Windows 7 and Windows 8 PC or laptop then you just need to follow some easy process that is given below with proper images. In order to get the WiFi Password, you need to make sure that you were connected to that WiFi Network in a while because maybe the Internet service provider has changed the password.
Steps to Revealing WiFi PAssword on Windows 7 and Windows 8
To view saved wifi password on Windows 7 and Windows 8, please follow the below simple steps
- Go to the Control Panel, Search for “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
- On the left, Click on “Change Adapter Settings”.
- Right Click on the WiFi Network, you want to show the wifi password.
- Click on Status, once you click on Status, On a popup window, Click on Details.
- Click on the Wireless Properties button and then on the security tab.
- Once you click on the Security tab, you will find an option Network Security key and check box beside “show characters.”
- Click on the box and it will show saved WiFi password on Windows.
Show WiFi Password On Windows 10
Unlike Windows 7 and Windows 8, there is a different method to reveal wifi password on Windows 10. Revealing WiFi password on Windows 10 is much easier than showing wifi password on windows 7 and 8.
Steps to Reveal WiFi Password on Windows 10
If you’re interested in revealing WiFi Password on Windows 10 then follow the below steps to reveal WiFi PAssword on Windows 10.
- Open Command Prompt with Administration access on your Windows 10.
- Type the command:
netsh wlan show profile
- This will show all the WiFi Networks which were ever connected to your Windows 10 PC or Laptop.
- Now look for the WiFi Network Name that you want the password for.
- Paste the below command by replacing “NETWORK NAME” with your WiFi Network name.
- netsh wlan show profile “NETWORK NAME” key=clear
- You will get the WiFi Password in Key Content.
Second Method: If you do not want to use this method, you can download an application called WiFi Password Revealer by Magic Jelly Bean. You can download the application from here. With This application, you can get all the Saved WiFi passwords on your Windows PC in one Click.
So these were some methods that you can use to get saved WiFi Password on your Windows PC or Laptop. I hope you liked these methods and if you did, please share it with your friends.